Translate:

« Home | Marriage Explained » | Force GAS PRICES to Go Down in the Philippines » | Yahoo Publisher Pays More Than Google Adsense » | Need a Contractor? » | Mga Natutunan Ko Kay Inay at Itay » | Pinoy Jokes Old and New » | Making Love to a Woman » | How Rumors Start in the Office » | UPCES Website » | The guy's side of the story » 

Sunday, November 13, 2005 

PLDT DSL, the worst ISP in the Philippines

Yes.. that's right, as from my experience, I can say that PLDT DSL is the worst Internet Service Provider in the Philippines. The PLDT company may be big and has a wide consumer base, but the service really sucks! They only have good promotions and marketing strategy which lures the consumers to their death trap, but once you are already a subscriber, expect the worst.

All the company considers is to gain more profit by adding more subscribers, eventhough their facilities could no longer handle the traffic, they keep on publishing advertisements, and promotions to even get more subscribers. Why do I say this? Because at peak hours of 1 PM to 5 PM you will get disconnected most of the time.. page load time outs are also frequent.. and this could mean dissaster if you have an internet cafe business, a bad input for customers.. to the point that you may lose your customer to other cafes subscribing to BayanTel, SkyDSL, or Globe Broaband.. Another thing, I subscribed for 768kbps speed, but I only get 300 to 400kbps speed! And when you ask their customer service, they would blame your network, your line, or whatever but they won't blame their service.. I'm sure that my lines have no problem.. why? Because when I use their account (used by service men to test lines), I get a whooping 2MBps! so it means that my line has no problem, it's their datanet that handles the accounts that has the problem! And being a Network Administrator, I know how to troubleshoot my lines and I know how to trace the problems.. now, to be specific, the problem lies in PLDT's new IP block 58.xxx.xxx.xxx, same thing with their DNS server with IP number 58.xxx.xxx.xxx.., but the 203.xxx.xxx.xxx IP block and DNS server works just fine.. Speaking of Customer Service/Support, try calling 173-275, prepare yourself to dial as many times as possible, it would take at least 30 minutes before someone answers.. they will just acknowledge your report, then you have to wait at the average of 5 days before they could resolve the problem, and they won't even give you a refund! Now, If you have an internet cafe business, this could mean thousands of loses!

Downtimes are acceptable if they are not frequent, but if you get an everyday downtimes for 3 to 4 hours as what most subscribers experience in PLDT, then you better think of looking for another ISP.. as of now, I'm thinking of looking for another ISP, I could not take it anymore.. same thing with some of most of my friends, they will just finish the tie-up period, then they will look for another ISP..

As a matter of fact, there are so many disgruntled subscribers that the PLDT's official forum always gets vandalized by hackers.. go visit their forum to see how many angry customers there is.. http://www.pldt.com.ph/forum/forum.asp



PLDT sucks. They have been overcharging me. You know the Guild Wars promo last year? I availed it last March 27, 2006. It’s supposed to be charging me for 1 year only but until now they’re still billing me with that!

Another thing is I lost connection from July 23, 2007 to August 2, 2007 and it’s their fault because they already told us that the error was on their side (Loss of configuration or something like that). They told me that they will give me a rebate… but my billing came and they didn’t even deduct it!

I’ve been complaining to PLDT every year for 6 years already. I’m a PLDT myDSL Professional subscriber since 2001. That’s 3000 a month and they still have crap service.

PLDT sucks I wish I could bomb the corrupt people there.

oh and another thing… yeah i’m using the professional package… but my speed is just the same as their plan 999. sucks.

I was a resident of the U.S. I had two ISP while living there. The slow speed and consistent "this program is not responding" messages I receive with PLDT, have made me wish I stayed in the U.S.

Globe cannot be any worse, or can it? I am supposed to be receiving the PLDT 768kbps service. My neighbor, who receives 384kbps service, has an identical modem. How can this be?

In short, PLDT has been a major disappointment to me.

Post a Comment

Image hosting by Photobucket

About me

  • I'm Gerald Cortez
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • A frustrated weightlifter, bodybuilder, a geek in denial, Linux lover, and Open Source supporter.
Image hosting by Photobucket
My profile

Sponsored Links

Support Open Source

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Get Firefox!
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com